Tuesday, October 7, 2008

a little madness...

this is just a fun little band. gotta love happy brits!

this song always reminds me of home - not my current home. "our house" in the middle of the street. the home our parents built for us. the home i was raised in. where we laughed. and cried. and played. and learned. and danced. and ate. and remember. and smooched. and where i'd sit on the back porch swing reading for hours. and where jodi broke my arm. and where tj and i'd stay in the front yard 'saying goodnight' until mom turned off the porch light. and where we still come home to do all of the above.



here's a nice little nugget-memory for you. for a little while, in my youth, my friend cristtin lived with us. she was a little wild, and uninhibited, and fun - and encouraged me to follow along. this is the song that we did a "skit" to for one of those youth talent-type nights. i use the word skit loosely. it simply consisted of us in our speedo swimsuits, boardshorts, kid-innertubes, doing a little ballet (again using the word very loosely, if you've seen my coordinated grace and agility you'll know just how loose) to madness' version of "swan lake".



and here's just one more good tune: "it must be love"

2 comments:

T.J. Shelby said...

It's because you are "mad" that you like this...

T.J. Shelby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.