Friday, January 2, 2009

original...

since my brother chris pointed our some new weezer on the horizon for us (huzzah!). i thought i'd reminisce just a little bit.

"in the garage"


"surf wax america"


i've loved weezer for years now. i remember hearing the blue album at my friend tandi's house many many moons ago. we were up all night tp'ing and laughing. i must have listened to this whole album five times that night. and then, buying it for myself the very next day. thank you tandi. i've been a fan ever since.

some bands get stale. or i grow out of them. or they fade. but, not weezer. the blue album still rocks. the recent red album rocks. the stuff in between rocks.

but, i brought up naming caleb "rivers cuomo" after the lead singer quite a few times. tj never took me seriously - that's probably for the best.

i can picture it already. listening to an oldie's radio station (or will radio be passe by then?) with hannah and adam and caleb when they are teenagers. and weezer will come on. and i'll smile and sing along. and they'll roll their eyes and be so embarassed that they have my blood in 'em. and i'll shake my head and tell them that they must have inner ear degeneration (it's a generational thing) and so they can't be trusted to have valid musical opinions. and they'll stick me in an old folk's home. and dad will ask what happened to me. and they'll shrug and say "don't know".

i better begin better and more thorough brainwashing now! yikes!

No comments: